Current Job Opening(s):
Employment Opportunity – Internet Job Posting
Date: November 23, 2021
Position: Commercial Credit Analyst
Location: Rosenberg Branch
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The position of Commercial Credit Analyst will play a vital role in the NewFirst Commercial & Industrial and the Commercial, Residential & Consumer real estate lending process providing analytical and technical skill sets to facilitate the underwriting decision-making. The specific responsibility of the Credit Analyst is to ensure quality and timely processing of new and renewal loans by providing in-depth financial professional analysis of the conditions, capacity, cash flow, and collateral elements of the credit. In addition, maintain high loan portfolio quality by performing ongoing, scheduled financial assessment of all large credit and a statistical sampling of smaller credit portfolio.
Minimum Level of Education
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business field, such as Accounting, Finance, or Economics, and 1+ years in financial services, is preferred however, qualified recent graduates or an equivalent in related experience will be considered.
Interpersonal and Professional Competencies to include:
• A thorough understanding of financial statements including balance sheets, income statements and statements of cash flow.
• Extensive experience in Microsoft Excel including financial, data, and logic formulas, and pivot tables.
• The ability to manage multiple assignments, prioritize, and deal with changing deadlines with limited supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A strong work ethic, self-motivation, and an aptitude for critical thought and decision making.
• An ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Analyzing and underwriting new & renewed loan requests. Loan types include investment real estate, construction and development loans, operating credit requests (lines of credit and equipment purchases), and agricultural loans.
• Will spread and analyze financial information for all lenders and branches within the market.
• Participate with sales in the formation of credit officer memos providing financial analysis support to the process.
• Monitor and evaluate post funding performance and draw requests.
• Participate in Loan Committee meetings with Lenders.
• Be prepared to support loan analysis conclusions to all effected parties (sales, underwriting, senior management, BOD, examiners) including the customer.
• Assist the sales process with administration of Sales Contact files including creation of reports, sales meeting preparation and training of users.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned by Senior Credit Associate and support all team functions as necessary.
This is a full-time position with a normal work schedule of 8 am–5 pm Monday–Friday.
If you are interested in a career at NewFirst National Bank, please complete the Employment Application and fax it with your resume (optional) to:
Or mail the Employment Application and your resume to:
NewFirst National Bank
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 470
El Campo, TX 77437
Fax (979) 541-5346
You may send an email to Human Resources by clicking on the "OK" link below. By doing so, you should understand that you are about to send information over the Internet that will not be transmitted in an encrypted or secure form. It might be possible for others to see what you are sending, therefore, you should assume that this email is not secure. For your protection, please do not send any personal information (i.e., Social Security Number, Account Number, Date of Birth, PIN Number, etc.)
NewFirst National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran